Indulge in a delightful culinary experience with this Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe. Complemented by a zesty Ancho-Orange Sauce and a refreshing Kale Salad. The combination of succulent pork, bold flavours, and vibrant greens creates a well-balanced and nutritious dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
The tender pork is marinated in a tangy and slightly spicy sauce. Then expertly grilled to perfection, resulting in a harmonious blend of textures and tastes. The Ancho-Orange Sauce adds a punch of flavour with its rich and vibrant notes. While the Kale Salad contributes a refreshing crunch and an abundance of nutrients.
Gather your ingredients and fire up the grill to embark on a culinary adventure that tantalises your taste buds and nourishes your body.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Ancho-Orange Sauce and Kale Salad
For the Ancho-Orange Sauce:
- 2 large mild chillies stems removed
- 3 large oranges
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- Salt to taste
For the Pork and Salad:
- 1 small pork tenderloin about 400g
- 180 g kale stems and ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Vegetable oil for brushing the grill
- Heat a dry griddle pan over medium heat. Toast the chillies until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the seeds and veins from the chillies and soak them in cold water until they become soft. Drain thoroughly.
- Squeeze ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp of juice from 2 oranges. Cut the top and bottom from the third orange to expose the fruit. Then, cut off the peel and pith from the sides. Halve the orange lengthwise and then slice each half into thin slices. Set the orange slices aside.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soaked chillies, ¾ cup of orange juice, garlic, dried oregano, and salt to taste. Place the pork tenderloin in a dish and rub it with ¼ cup of the prepared sauce. Marinate the pork for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat your grill for indirect heat. In a mixing bowl, massage the thinly sliced kale with 2 tbsp of orange juice and the white wine vinegar. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and the reserved orange slices.
- Grill the marinated pork on an oiled grill over direct heat until grill marks appear on all sides, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Move the pork to the indirect heat side of the grill, close the lid, and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 60°C (140°F), which takes about 10 minutes. Allow the pork to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Divide the prepared kale salad between 2 plates. Slice the grilled pork tenderloin and place the slices on top of the salad. Serve with the remaining ancho-orange sauce.
- Calories: ~400-450 kcal
- Protein: ~30-35g
- Carbohydrates: ~25-30g
- Fat: ~20-25g
- Fibre: ~5-7g
- Vitamin C: ~120-150% of daily value
- Vitamin A: ~200-250% of daily value
- Iron: ~15-20% of daily value