Know you’ll be in need of a hangover cure after watching the The Bokke play? We’ve got two cocktails that will set you straight.
But First, Why Are These The Best Drinks For A Hangover?
- Research shows that tomatoes contain compounds that protect against liver injury and both cocktails contain tomato juice.
- Tomatoes also contain Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C. These vitamins have been shown to reduce hangover symptoms.
- Salt replenishes electrolytes. Fluid loss and increased urination associated with drinking often causes an electrolyte imbalance. Which is why your favourite electrolyte-packed sports drink is often a go-to after a big night out.
And now that you know how these drinks work, it’s time to put them to work for you.
Your Non-Alcoholic Hangover Cure
Not keen on drinking any more? This virgin cocktail has none of the alcohol with all of the benefits.
- ½ Bottle Light non-alcoholic beer (nothing too fruity)
- 2 Bottles Marty’s Virgin Bloody Mary, chilled
- ½ – 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice (to taste)
- Salt or olive brine (to taste)
- Chili and lime salt for the rim of the glass
- Lime wedges
- 2 Skewers Olives
- Place 2 beer glasses in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes before you start making your cocktails.
- To make your own chili and lime salt, simply mix coarse sea salt with chili flakes and the grated zest of one lime.
- Remove the chilled glasses from the freezer, run the lime wedges around the rims of each glass, and place the salt mixture on a plate. Dip the rims of the glasses into the mixture.
- Add a Marty’s Virgin Bloody Mary to each glass, top up with half of the beer in each. Season with lime juice, sriracha, and salt to taste. If opting for a skewer of olives or pickles for garnish, you can also add about 1 tsp of brine to each drink instead of salt.
- Serve immediately with some corn chips and guacamole or chili poppers.
Your Alcoholic Hangover Cure
Want to try a little hair of the dog? Make this Bloody Maria for a hangover cure that works.
The Ultimate Bloody Maria
- 90 ml 90ml Tequila or Mezcal of choice
- 2 Bottle Marty’s Spiced Tomato Juice, chilled
- 5-10 ml Lime juice (add to taste)
- A few drops of Sriracha sauce or your preferred hot sauce (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Chili salt for the rim of the glass
- Lime wedge
- Cocktail pickles
- Cocktail onions
- Pickled jalapeno
- Pour chili salt onto a plate.
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of your glasses to dampen each and dip the rim of the glasses into your chili salt.
- In a mixing glass, combine the Marty’s with tequila and season with lime juice, hot sauce, and salt to taste.
- Fill each glass with ice and pour your cocktail evenly between each.
- Add your desired garnishes.
Now that you have the hangover cure recipes, it’s time to grab some tomato juice (we love Marty’s) before the final showdown.