This is where the heavy construction begins. This series will be your guide to massive strength and size gains for your arms. Make sure you understand the technique for each move to maximize your growth.
1. Bent Over Bicep Curls – Bend over while holding a dumbbell in your right hand and extend your arm to almost full extension (maintain a slight bend) while keeping the elbow inside of your right leg (A). Rest your left arm on your left knee. While keeping your back straight, pull the dumbbell slowly towards your chest (B). Then extend it back to the starting position. That’s one rep. Change sides on the next set.
2. Single Arm Triceps Extension – Lie down on your back, dumbbell in your right hand in an overhand grip (A). While using your left arm to support your right arm (and without moving the right upper arm), drop your right hand slowly towards your left shoulder (B). Return back to the start and change sides once you’ve done a set.
3. Single Arm Preacher Curl – Stand behind a vertical bench, with your right leg forward and left arm extended on the seat, while holding a dumbbell with an underhand grip (A). Without moving the upper arm, flex your arm and bring the dumbbell slowly up in the direction of your left shoulder (B). Once you’ve reached the top, return slowly back down to the bench. Next set, change sides.
4. Alternating Triceps Extensions – Sit down on a bench with a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms straight above you, palms facing each other. Without moving your upper arms, bend your left elbow until your forearm is parallel to the ground (A). Return to the start position, and then do the same with your right arm (B).
5. Bicep Curls With Wrist Rotation – Hold a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing forward and with a slight bend in each arm (A). Raise the dumbbells towards your shoulders without moving your elbows (B). Then rotate your wrists once they’re at shoulder level (C, so your palms face away). Lower the dumbbells slowly back to the start.
6. Single Arm Triceps Extension With Hammer Grip – Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in your left hand with a hammer grip fully extended above your head. Your right hand should support your left (A). Without moving your elbow, bend your arm and lower the dumbbell behind your head, hold, and push back up to the starting position (B).
7. Concentration Curls – Sit down on a bench while holding a dumbbell in your left arm, which is extended and resting against your left leg (A). While keeping your back straight, your elbow fixed, pull the dumbbell towards your chest (B). Lower slowly back to the starting position.
8. Bent Over Triceps Kickback – Start by resting your left leg and left hand on a bench for support, holding a dumbbell in your right hand, your arm bent in a 90-degree angle (A). Without moving your elbow, extend your lower arm until your arm is in line with your back (B). Once you’ve hit parallel, lower the dumbbell slowly back to the start.