Sex in the shower kills two birds with one stone, it gives you pleasure and you can get clean immediately after. After a few too many, it seems like a great idea. Here, sex therapist, Dr Marianne Brandon shows you how to handle shower sex.
- Make foreplay the main event and treat sex as a quickie. Uncomfortable positions won’t last as long that way, and you’re less likely to slip and twist an ankle.
- Keep the hand towels nearby if her knees or other parts require padding when having sex in the shower.
- Hand her the showerhead, if it’s detachable. Once she sets the temperature and flow, take over so her hands are free.
- Use standing rear entry. You both stay on your feet and she can bend over for the best angle when having sex in the shower.
- Use the water as a lubricant – it washes away her natural lubrication.
- Offer her an “all over” wash with the hotel’s shower gel. Getting soapy is fine but can irritate if the wash becomes too intimate.
- Use the shower rail for balance. Spreading your feet against the tub’s sides or positioning yourselves in a corner is far more secure.
- Try to lift her. You simply can’t trust your proprioception at this hour.