Ditch the shop-bought cereals: you can prep your own perfect oats before bed and wake up to a pot of protein for some pep in your step.
How to Make the Perfect Overnight Oats
- 75 g Jumbo rolled oats
- 50 g Chocolate whey powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 160 ml unsweetened almond milk
- Medium red jazz apple
- 2 handfuls of Raspberries
- Squeeze of honey
- 1 tbsp low-fat greek yoghurt
- 2 squares of dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Pop the oats, whey and cinnamon in a sealable container (or mason jar for Instagram double taps). Stir well, adding the milk.
- Add grated apple, then throw in the raspberries and stir. For more flavour (and a little extra protein) get creative with your toppings tomorrow: try Greek yoghurt, dark chocolate and chia. For now, pop your oats in the fridge overnight.
- On waking, squeeze a little honey over the top, then heat your bowl in the microwave for two minutes. Or, if you want a quick breakfast to chase your morning workout, blend the oats into your recovery shake instead. Now get up and grow.
READ MORE: Eat This Breakfast to Lose Weight Right Now
*Words: Michael Jennings
*Article originally appeared on Men’s Health UK